We are looking for an experienced Administrator to assist our Chambers Director and Practice Managers, and to support our Members so that Chambers can provide the highest level of service to clients. Reporting to the Chambers Director, you will be an integral part of our staff team undertaking a wide range of administrative tasks in order to facilitate the smooth running of Chambers.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience plus pension and season ticket loan after probationary period
Core hours: 9am to 6pm
Location: Chambers, but with the possibility of some home working (to be agreed with the Chambers Director)
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Experience as an Administrator within a busy, professional services environment
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to produce accurate work
- Good organisational skills, and the ability to keep on top of a busy workload
- Confidence and a professional manner
- An organised, efficient approach to work and the ability to produce work in accordance with agreed deadlines
- The ability to work well in a team
We expect the successful applicant to have strong intellectual ability, with excellent numerical and literacy skills, IT skills such as Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint. This role would suit someone who has an interest in the legal profession (particularly the self-employed Bar) and who wants to further their career in a busy common law set taking on a wide range of responsibilities.
A full job description and person specification is available here.
Please apply with a CV and application letter setting out why you are suitable for the role and highlighting relevant experience by 5pm on Monday 19 April 2021 to Clare Kelly, Chambers Director at email@example.com Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 26 April 2021.