Iona commenced pupillage with Chambers in October 2023. She is undertaking a mixed pupillage and will be gaining experience across all of Chambers' practice areas.
Prior to pupillage, Iona worked as a paralegal for two years at Covent Garden Family Law. She assisted two Directors with public children cases, private children work, and Hague Convention cases. She has also worked on multiple cases where there have been allegations of non-accidental injuries and understands the complexities of those types of cases.
As a paralegal Iona attended court regularly, conducted meetings with clients, attended client conferences, drafted statements, and reviewed large volumes of information. She has experience of building good working relationships with clients and is personable and empathetic.
Iona is passionate about increasing social mobility, and volunteers with various charities that support social mobility and diversity in the legal profession. In October 2023, she organised an event for the Girl's Network at Inner Temple aimed at inspiring young women to consider a career in law. Iona took responsibility for the event, arranging a range of speakers from across the profession and organising for participation for young women from London, Brighton and Birmingham. The day was a great success, with high levels of participation and enthusiasm throughout the day.
- Bar Professional Training Course, University of the West of England (2019)
- Masters in Law, University of Bristol (2018)
- LLB, University of the West of England (2015)
- Family Law Bar Association
- London Irish Lawyers Association
- Ones to Watch in the City, Brummell Magazine (2023)
- Sir Edward Marshall Hall Trust Award, Inner Temple (2023)
- Finalist at the Inspirational Women in Law Awards (2022)
- Rising Star in Law Award Winner (2022)
- Award for Outstanding Contribution to Pro Bono/Volunteering (2021)
- Rising Star in Law Award Finalist (2021)
- Exhibition Scholar, Inner Temple (2018)