We are looking for an experienced Fees Clerk. We offer a competitive rate of pay; hybrid working and a friendly and supportive working environment.
This is an interesting and varied role. We are particularly looking for someone to deal with the following:
- Billing and collection procedures for CPS fees;
- Billing and collection procedures for AGFS fees (including division of fees when there is more than one Member involved);
- Running cases report to identify criminal cases without an indictment number;
- Billing and collection procedures for private criminal fees;
- Reporting to members on payments approved by the CPS and LAA;
- Investigating and, if necessary, appealing payments approved by the CPS and LAA;
- Chasing aged debt regularly.
- Billing private family fees when necessary either as fee notes or invoices;
- Covering for the other Fees Clerk when they are absent to bill FAS and VHCC family legal aid cases;
- Chasing aged debt for private family cases.
- Billing and collection for civil legal aid fees;
- Chasing collection of private client fees;
- Advising members and the Chambers Director of issues with the recovery of any private fees and working with colleagues to address these.
- Working with colleagues to develop and implement strategies to reduce aged debt;
- Where problems arise, working with the Chambers Director and Members to address these in order to be able to recover fees;
- Preparing a monthly list of defaulting solicitors for the Chambers Director and Members.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience of billing and collection processes for criminal fees, and good working knowledge of the AGFS fee system;
- Experience of managing appeals in respect of criminal fees, particularly against decisions of the LAA;
- Familiarity with the family legal aid billing system, both FAS and VHCC claims;
- Experience of dealing with private aged debt;
- Experience of working with Meridian (MLC software) is an advantage, but training can be provided if necessary.
- Good communication skills and ability to form strong working relationships with staff, members and others;
- Efficient and methodical approach to work, chasing up outstanding issues regularly and keeping staff and members updated;
- Detail-oriented approach to work with a high level of accuracy.
For more information, please contact ABC Chambers Solutions on 020 3890 8190 or by clicking here (vacancy 1547).
5 Pump Court is committed to promoting and providing equal opportunities. We welcome applications from people from all sections of society regardless of their sex or marital status, sexual orientation, colour, race, religion, ethnic or national origin, age or disability. We will also make reasonable adjustments to remove the barriers faced by disabled people.