Jonathon is a practising door tenant who focusses on general commercial, banking, finance and insurance matters, with an interest in higher education law and certain public law issues. He is available for arbitration practice as counsel or arbitrator.
He is admitted as a lawyer in both common law (England and Wales; Ireland) and civil law (Luxembourg) jurisdictions, and is an accredited civil-commercial mediator. He has been involved in proceedings at all levels of court up to the Court of Appeal and specialist tribunals such as those relating to tax, information rights and social entitlement.
Jonathon has held a variety of senior financial services positions in London and New York. His focus in these roles was on financial assets and derivatives, including credit (illiquid, structured, corporate and emerging markets), interest rates (interest rate swaps, local markets) and foreign exchange. Latterly, he discharged board positions regulated by the FCA and PRA under the Senior Managers' Regime, including: chairman, senior independent director and chair of remuneration and risk committees.
Jonathon maintains a diverse portfolio that enhances and inspires his legal work, with experience in politics, law and business education: his academic credentials span natural sciences, law and classics. He has held various professorial positions.
- PhD, University of Cambridge (Natural Sciences)
- MA, University of Cambridge (Natural Sciences)
- LLM, University of London (Law)
- MA, University of London (Classics)
- PgCert, University of Aberdeen (International Arbitration)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Fellow, Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII)
- Chartered Fellow, Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (Chartered FCSI)
- Fellow, Personal Finance Society (FPFS)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (FCMA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Freeman, City of London
- Liveryman, Worshipful Company of International Bankers